Friday 30 June 2006

Getting My Hands Dirty! – June 2006

I had decided to spend 3 weeks in June in Colondannes to get some work done myself and I chose a great time. The weather was sunny and hot, with temperatures for the duration of my visit up at 35o. It was wonderful and despite the heat I managed to do a few jobs:

· give all the ceilings and walls an emulsion coat
· fit the utility room cupboards, worktop and sink, as well as getting the washing machine operational

Most importantly, I also managed to spend lots of time getting the field into a manageable state. When I arrived the grass and weeds were over a metre high. This took about three goes at progressively cutting with a strimmer and having to clear the area and burning the remnants.

I had also bought and took out with me a Flame Gun to burn the major weeds and the perimeter of the property to avoid too much weeding by hand. It was great fun, but dangerous in the dry conditions!!