Monday 25 October 2021

La Studio - Ceiling Support Beams

I had planned a day in the garden, but lots of early morning rain led to a revision and I decided to work inside.  

The ceiling and beams above the entrance door we missing, to allow for access to the Left West Side room attic and as I will install stairs in the to access both rooms upstairs, the space above the main door will be boarded.  However, beams need to be replaced. Having removed the damaged beam at the rear of the Right East side room, I have been able to reuse this broken beam to support the floor above the main door.

I have realised that that there is no beams running along the front and back walls, but the old Lathe & Mud floors were supported by small indents in the wall.  I have decided to install support demi chevrons along the walls, level with the other support beams and upon which the chipboard upper floor base will rest. These will eventually be hidden behind the Insulated Plasterboard that will be secured to the outer walls


Having drilled into the walls and secured them, there were gaps as the stone is uneven.  So, I have used ExpandIT Foam to act as a filler and gripper to fully secure to the wall and provide extra support, which I have found useful before.

Once I have cut the back wall hole in the breeze blocks for the rear patio door, I will need to fix the beams on that wall.