Tuesday 21 December 2021

La Studio - Interior Oak Doors

Last week I collected the Oak Tongue & Groove panels that I ordered  on line from UK Oak and was so delighted with the quality of the material.  I ordered lengths of 1.5m x116mm & 24mm thick to construct a simple doors, using large French ring and pin iron hinge supports, for the internal doors downstairs an between the now two hayloft rooms.

I had looked to buy pre constructed doors, but realised I would need to cut these to size and made to measure doors would be too expensive.  So after some research I decided to use some simple shed style doors, but these would need me to cut to size.  I concluded that these were easy to make and the use of Oak, rather than pine, would be more in keeping and result in a stronger, better end result.

The openings are 150cm x 80cm so I ordered 7/8 lengths for each door at a total cost of under £240.  In fact they had packed 30 lengths, so I have spares to enable me to use these to line the Stair opening and the light well in front of the French Doors to create a smart finish, in keeping with the building.  The means the doors will cost less than 100 Euro, including door fittings. RESULTS!!

Here below I have assemble 7 lengths of the Oak to show the quality and an example of the doors these will create.