Friday 28 January 2022

La Studio - WeekEnding 30th January 2022

Having created the door threshold and east side front window threshold to define the internal floor level on Monday, I was able to move onto to other work, as I needed to wait for the 1Cu3 of sand ordered to provide a smooth base to level the stone stone.



I moved onto the Upstairs and Downstairs Downlighter wiring and succeed in get all the wiring threaded and in place, in advance of the Insulated Plaster boarding to be started on "Valentines Day"; once the downstairs floor is completed next week, hopefully.

Will add pics of Upstairs next week, as I have removed the ladder and did not want to disturb the sand bed. Downstairs I have had to drill through the oak beams to run the cables, but these will be hidden by the 50mm Insulated PB to line in-between each beam . 



I cleared the floor of rubble and wheeled in the Sand, 10/12 wheel barrow loads in each room to use up all the 1cu3 bag I had estimated spreading it just over 2cm across both East and West Side Room and it worked out.

I levelled across the area and then compressed the sand and gave a final soft rake. I will leave this to settle over the weekend, before another compression. This will enable me to lay the DPC, Polystyrene and Metal Grid, before the bigger job of laying 10cm of Concrete next week.  This should allow time over that weekend to dry enough, before starting other work.


East Side Sand Base






East Side Rear