Wednesday 3 November 2021

La Studio - Hayloft Door Opening

After checking the ground floor levelling work needed and deciding my initial plan was not feasible and a reduced level approach would need to be adopted and I would need to accept a slight level drop from back to front.

I therefore started to plan the work needed to create a door opening on the middle hayloft wall to allow access between both rooms.  I marked out the West Side wall and decided to initially install a existing old beam on this side 100mm deep.  This would avoid me having to clear a support opening through the whole wall and hopefully reduce the risk of collaspe. 

I gently chipped away the render outline and then some of the stones and decided to install an acrow prop on one end to provide support as I remove enough stone, as well and a prop to the central roof beam.

So far so good!

Tomorrow, I will add some cement/concrete to support  the wall end stone that I had to remove to create the room for the end of the beam and let this set, before continuing to remove more stone across the support beam opening.


Gently as you go....