Monday 1 November 2021

La Studio - Rear Door Opening

 As is often the case, the best laid plans can go wrong.  A week ago I booked to hire a Stone Cutter over this last weekend, but was informed by Loxam that there was not one available.  So, my good neighbour agreed to loan me his Sthil unit  Today, I planned to start work, but despite my feeble attempts I could not get it started and revert to plan C and use a masonry blade on my have rotary saw.  


SUCCESS, it worked!  I have marked up the exterior breeze block wall and was able to cut through the fist section of the three sections of the blocks to enable a clean lime on the exterior wall.  I realised that it was not necessary to do the same on the interior, as I would have plasterboard to hide the rough edges here.




It took 4 hours of hard work to complete the demolition of 1/2 the wall opening, but proved successful and hopefully will be completed tomorrow.

I will then be able to fit a wooden surround to support the roof and create a clean edge, for accurate measurement of the door(s) to be made to fit.