Wednesday 9 February 2022

La Studio - Central Wall Downstairs West Side

 Wednesday 9th February 2022

  Having collected the render yesterday I was ready to start the work on the West Side Downstairs Wall which is 6 sqm and I had estimated would need 2 bags.

I wet the front door end wall and mixed the first bag as instructed and used 7L of water.  It is recommended between 6.9 to 7.5 depending on temperature and before in the height of summer I had used 7.5, but at the lower level the mix was still a little too sloppy.  The consequence was that is was not as easy to use and apply, and needed careful application.

For the second batch i only used 6.5L and was a nice sticky mix, that as before could be flicked onto the wall and I found it was good to use a garden trowel for accuracy and just enough to fill the holes and gaps between the stones.  I then used a small flex scrapper to smooth over an into the gaps all over.

Allow to dry, but NOT totally and then gently brush into the gaps all over and brush off the excess.  Whilst I left it to dry future I mixed another batch and partly applied until the first batch was firming up.  I then used a wire brush carefully on the main stones to get the right outline and remove render, followed by a gentle circle brush across the wholes area to get a smooth covering.

West Side Central Rear
West Side Central Front








So created a pleasing wall area retaining the stone appeal that will work nicely with the other plasterboard wall that will provide external insulation.  I will have more than enough to finished the other 3 wall sections, BUT, it will take 4 days to complete and not the 2 days I scheduled.