Monday 7 February 2022

La Studio - Central Wall Render Prep

Monday  7th February 2022

Over the weekend I realised I had omitted to include in my schedule the old render removal from the Central Wall, so I was not able to start the rendering I had planned and I also discovered I did not have enough of the render to finish the job, so need to collect more!

Nevertheless, I managed to remove and scrape out the old render to reveal many of the stones on both sides Upstairs and Down. So I will now ready to start the work on Wednesday.

The work today went well, once I got into a rhythm to get the old removed and then scrape out the render grooves between the stones.  Once the new render is applied and then lightly brushed off from the surface, it should look good as it does in La Maison, hopefully.

Down Stairs East
 
Down Stairs West








Upstairs East
Upstairs West










Tuesday 8th February 2022


As planned, I collected 10 sacs of the VPI Enduni 65 Render from Gueret this morning and did a few other chores.  This should be more the enough for the 
re-rendering of the Central Internal Walls and will give me an estimate of what extra is needed to do all the outside walls in the summer, which will weather secure the whole of La Studio.


Upon my return, I swept up all the old render removed from the Internal Central Wall upstairs and down.  Got about 6 large bucket loads that I spread on the side and rear path patio area of La Studio that already has a base of stone and old concrete rubble  and will eventually be topped with the grey/black stone.

Laid the electrical Sockets cable for the downstairs floor area around the perimeter and left loose at the movement and will be secured when I lay the Cement Insulation Board. I had confirmations that the the 10 bags of adhesive flex to lay the boards will be delivered tomorrow and will be laid once I get the insulated plasterboard fixed to the walls, hopefully next week if all goes to plan!