Friday 11 February 2022

La Studio - East Side Upstairs Ceiling Install

Friday 11th February 2022    

Other work determined it to be a 'lite' day today and after some tidy up bits I got the first strip of Plasterboard up on the East Side Upstairs Ceiling this morning.  Having already got the insulation up and the lighting cables run I marked up the downlighter holes before securing the board to the cross supports, thinking I had got the measurement right, BUT NO!.  Good job I only lightly scored the holes as once up I realised they were totally wrong. So, having cut the correct hole positions I was able to put the cable through and will fill the error marks later.


Despite a 600mm section still to fit once the rendering of the central wall is done, it already sounds different up there!

At the Central Wall ends there is no roof beam to secure a cross support, so I have been thinking how to resolve this.  I have decided to use Expanded Foam to secure a cross support to the wall, and once dried I will be able to install the end section of plasterboard.