Thursday 3 February 2022

La Studio - Small Windows Installation

 Thursday 3rd February 2022

Frosty again this morning warmed up by mid day and I started by doing a tidy up of things that I was too tired to do yesterday. I opened the pack of 6off 40x40cm Toughed Glass panels I ordered from Aspire Glass and took the labels off and tested against all the small window holes, as I explained yesterday.







A couple of openings needed to have protruding stone removed to allow a fit and I then proceeded to use the support poles with a wooden block to support each glazed panel. I applied Expanded Foam to each stone surround and applied a smaller amount to each panel, before presenting them to the opening and resting on the support.

West End Upstairs Window






East End Floor Window
East Front Window

These were left for 30 minutes in which time the foam dries a little and can then be pressed and compressed inside and out to create a firm fit.  I will clean up next week, once all is firm and dry.  On the exterior I will render to seal and apply a White Coating of Bedec Masonry Paint to maximise the reflection into the interior. 

The interior of each wall will be surrounded by the 5cm Insulation Board, that I will shape to create a larger opening inside and render, plus use of the White Bedec to reflect the light inside.