Wednesday 2 February 2022

La Studio - Ground Floor West Side

 Wednesday 2nd February 2022

As planned, I commenced work at 9:00am and finished the creation of a concrete floor base in the West Side at 3:00pm, tired but satisfied. All is cleared away and tidied up in readiness for the work tomorrow. 

West Front Floor Base
West to East Floor Base







Again, it was tough work to lay a 50mm base across 11sqm area on my own and would have been a lot easier is someone mixes, whole a second persons deposits the mix, spreads and levels.  However, I got in the rhythm of unloading the one mix and loading the next batch to mix, whilst I deposited and levelled.

it certainly helps in a small area to have laid the levelling strips to get the level right and smoothing across two strips.

The downstairs floor is nearly ready, and I will give the floors both side a 'Scrap' to remove high bits and ridges.  This is perhaps not really necessary as I will be installed Cement Insulation Boards for the Heat Mat.  However, it will help take out any high points and as I have cement and sand spare I will be able to mix a cement screed to create an additional smooth surface upon which to lay a 'vapour barrier'  before the cement board, for extra protection.